Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ack! The rumors!

There's a website for China adoptions that is unofficially known as "Rumor Queen." I love it because there's a lot of number crunching and, for the most part, I feel like I don't get too swept up in the rumors.

The latest rumors include that the CCAA told some agencies the wait wouldn't get much longer than it already is; however, some agencies say that the CCAA told them the wait could go to 3 years. Also, rumor is that all orphanages are now allowed to send paperwork for eligible children (not just the orphanages that have gone through the process of being approved to submit babies for international adoption). That could provide more babies!

Hopefully by the end of this month there will be an update on how far the CCAA got in the matching/referral process this month. Rumors on that front are that they may have processed half of November. Processing half of November would be a great accomplishment because apparently there were A LOT of dossiers submitted that month.

"I cannot tell how the truth may be; I say the tale as 'twas said to me. "
-- Sir Walter Scott, The Lay of the Last Minstrel

No comments: