Thursday, October 9, 2008

THE 'STACHE

Well folks, here it is after four days. It's not the best, but certainly not the worst.

Sorry I haven't been able to post much lately. Being a Chief is much busier than I expected. I get up early and get to bed late, but it makes the time go by faster. As Carol mentioned earlier, I did go on a humanitarian mission earlier to a local school and met some great kids. They were all very glad we were there to hand out supplies, but most were pretty shy; with the exception of one young lady. Sophia was very outgoing and spoke excellent English. She was very helpful in the distro of the supplies in letting us know what was needed and what was not. She was also pretty good at getting little extra for herself, like the candy that some of us were carrying with us. I should have some photos of the trip a little later. Take care. DH

4 comments:

Vallary and Jay said...

Chris, I have a message from Jay he said that "you need to put some milk on that stuff and let the cat leak it off." now this comment is coming from a man that doesn't have any hair. I am glad to see you are doing well. there isn't a day go by I don't think about and the men and women over there. Take care. Love Val, Jay and kids

Anonymous said...

Honey, you look like Dr.House.
Can't wait to see you in your chief uniform. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Chris, Carol warned me about the scary, or maybe the word was frightening, it was something like that, self-photo of you.It sounds like your higher rank doesn't come with perks like leisure time, certainly not more sleep hours! And obviously not anymore time...
I think of you often and pray for your safety (and for all service folk). I look forward to sharing a bottle of wine, good or bad, in Hatteras in '09.

Anonymous said...

chris how are things going,well it want be long before our tarheels hit the court for another season I think they are pre-season#1 love you dad