Sunday, December 28, 2008

We made the paper!

Operation Welcome Home was at BWI airport to welcome home the troops as many of them transferred to other flights. But not my DH -- this was his final destination! A journalist and photographer from the Washington Post were there to document the homecoming, and the following photo made page one of the Metro section on December 24. The article, "Cheers, All Around" didn't mention any of our story we told them (drats!) and sadly they got DH's branch and rank incorrect in the photo caption. But, hey, HE'S HOME!


Currently, we are traveling in NC to see his family. Let me be exact: currently, DH is watching the UNC Tar Heels after having Mama's barbeque chicken and red potatoes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture! I tried to view it on line but ...I am so glad you two are under the same roof once again. Have a happy,safe and just plain ole wonderful holidays together.
Love you both-
JoAnne

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Chris!!! Great photo, one for the scrapbook I'd say. Hope you two thoroughly enjoyed the holidays.
Jolene

Vallary and Jay said...

Chris & Carol. I was so excited to see both of you yesterday. I am so proud of both of you. Chris, you have grown to be a fine young man and Carol you are beautiful inside and out. I hope next time you come we can spend more time with each other. Love you both so much Vallary & Jay & kids

a Tonggu Momma said...

I saw this in The Post!!! :)