Saturday, March 8, 2008

My DH, My Catrinas

My dear husband (DH) is truly amazing, an incredible giver of gifts - often ones that are quite romantic. Case in point: an early anniversary gift of a piece of art I truly adore. I present to you, my newest Catrina (#3).

He knew I wanted this particular catrina created by Juan Torres. He knew when I was in Dallas last week I would be going to the Casa Mexicana gallery where she was for sale. Obviously, he, like many of you, knew I have two other catrinas by Torres that I revere so much that I... well, you might not want to know the extent to which I revere them.

So sad was I when I got to gallery in Dallas and was told that this particular catrina had been sold the week before. And so did my jaw drop when I found the catrina at home when I returned from Dallas (me being "oblivious to my surroundings" he pointed her out to me; she was standing on the same place on the mantel that catrina #1 stood). Oh, how I love her and my husband, too!
For those of you who are not familiar with the catrinas I already had, here's pictures of Catrina #1 and #2. Yes, #1 is smoking, and #2 is pregnant.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am officially GROSSED out.cmr

Moxie Tonic said...

Your Catrinas are amazing- I can only imagine how incredible they must be in person. I love the culture and art surrounding Dia De Los Muertos, so morbid and yet not... Catrina figures are my favorite.