Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dory

This is Dory. I picked her up to foster her last Saturday, wrote a glowing (and truthful) review of her on the Lost Dog Rescue website, took her to an adoption event yesterday, and today she is going home with her new owner. She is a sweetheart and will be a wonderful companion for her owner and her other lab.

I approached fostering a dog as kind of like applying Bondo to a dog-chewed window frame, to temporarily fill the hole in my life created when Sammy died. (I am still working on that window frame, Sammy.) Of course I knew no dog would be all that Sammy was to me, but I needed something, and I knew I didn't need it for too long. I saw only a very little bit of Sammy in Dory. And I saw Sammy more easily in my daydreams.

Gosh, I still miss Sammy something bad. And I miss my DH something real bad, too. Thankfully, he will be home soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol,
You sound sooooo sad, I wish I could give you a big hug right now. I can! I did! I hope you felt that hug as I imagined it!
Love,
JoAnne

Anonymous said...

Hey Carol - I'm so sorry you're sad. I can't say I know your pain as I've never had a pet (horrible allergies) so I wasn't sure what to say. But I wanted to say I'm thinking about you and hoping that time flys until your DH comes home (which is when?).
Jolene