Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Whirlwind, Part 1

It's been a whirlwind the past few weeks, and here's Part 1:

Cousins Lauren and Dave and their daughter, Hailey, arrive with a climber slide for Jack! He can climb up it himself, exclaim he is up on top, and slide down - head first, too! They also brought a bajillion puzzles and books and -- most exciting for Chris and me -- gave us the gift of a date night out!!

Hailey loves her baby cousin Jack and has been reported to have cried twice since leaving because she misses him.

Then we whisked off to a "Welcome to the Family, Jack" party in Richmond where Jack did stunningly well meeting... let me count... 18 members of my family from as far North as Allentown, PA, to as far South as Columbia, SC. Carol and Mike, my sister-in-law and brother, ALWAYS throw an excellent party, and I think this one topped them all! We can't thank them enough! Below Jack shows a custom frame made by cousin Jill. Too cool!

Who can go without having "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" book in their collection?


My last post referenced the next (this) post as being titled "He poops", and I will spare you the details of Jack's first diaper leakage -- while napping. All I will say is that I am thankful for Lauren's command to me, "Take him into the shower!" Also will spare you Jack tearing off his shorts to try on new ones from Aunt JoAnne and Uncle Joe.

Whirlwind, Part II coming as soon as I download the pictures off the camera.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Great pictures - I love seeing the entire family. Thanks for sharing with us!

Anonymous said...

I was just flipping through blogs feeling a little down, but i had to tell you this blog touched my heart and lifted my spirits because i can tell you have a great family and your little boy is truly blessed :)I am going to pray tonight that good karma and blessings come your way!I wish the best for you & your family :)