Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mowed grass. First time. Ever.

Friday night I mowed the grass for the first time ever in my life. Actually, I do recall mowing a few strips of grass when I was about 14, but my Dad took the mower away from me because I mowed too crooked for his liking (Happy Father's Day, Dad). DH had told me what I needed to know, and I turned down the suggestion to mow the grass once myself. Lying around and eating bon-bons overrode that smart suggestion.

OK, so it went like this:

It didn't take too, too long to find the primer button and then off I went.

Several minutes later it died out on me. I called the George Technical Support Line (thanks little brother) and learned all about mulching mowers, checking the height of the blade, going slow, mowing half strips, not flooding it, etc. Mind you I already knew some of this... in theory.

Off I go mowing again, and it dies again. At this time the Lordos Technical Support Team shows up - in person - including the ever helpful 2 year old, CJ, who informs us "It's not working." Hands-on help and a few more tips and the mower and I are off and running... for a second or two.

One last valuable lesson I learned on my own and that is this: Check to make sure there is gas in the mower.

Kids, get out your Crayola crayons and color my face Radical Red at the end of my first time mowing. Yes, it's in the box of fluorescent crayons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I'm sure by the end of his deployment, you will have learned several valuable lessons and have many "notes to self".
Hang in there.
Jolene

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a classical Carol story!! Keep practicing!!
:) Jill