Thursday, June 19, 2008

Two years and waiting

Today marks two years that our application (a.k.a. dossier) to adopt from China was received in China. When we started the process, the wait for being matched with a child was a year, with rumor that it may go to 14 months. Oh, how terrible, I thought. Currently the wait is two years and 5 months, and all signs point to the wait increasing. My guesstimate is that we have another 15-24 months wait ahead of us.

Today, I am trying to reflect on my feelings about the wait... but I find that I can't, or is it "won't", reflect all that deeply right now; certainly not in the office while I write this post.

I incessantly keep track of the rumors and watch the progress (albeit slow) being made. Each month another batch of prospective adoptive parents are matched with children. Six to eight weeks later they travel to China to get their child. How truly wonderful for them. One day it will be our turn.

I miss my DH who is off in training to deploy to Afghanistan. I could use a big hug from him right now.

Alright, I've done it. I've shed a tear or two.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too!

Sherry said...

Hi there -- it's so nice to meet others in this same slow boat. But, I have a feeling a speed up is right around the corner. I'm predicting referrals for us in January 2009.

:)

Sherry

Anonymous said...

I wish I could give you a hug - I can't wait 'til you guys live closer! I love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Carol. xoxo cmr.