Sunday, September 7, 2008

My reason #3 for getting married

No doubt about it, reason #3 is electronics support. It is right behind lovin' and partnerin' and right before additional financial support. Honestly, I haven't given my list of reasons that much thought. I am just blogging because I have not experienced this level of ... ahem... frustration since I was single.

I've been told our brand of TV loses compatibility via the HDMI cable with our brand of set top box, and now I've got to switch to using component cables, and
I
just
don't
get
it.

I can not seem to get my brain to work in the area of electronics. On top of that, I have not yet found a diagram for connecting an HDTV with set top box with DVD player so that I can figure out exactly which and how many component cables I will need to buy and in which holes in which component they will be jammed - er - plugged.

I can do this (I think I can). I will do this (I think). Until then, I am perfectly satisfied with unplugging component cables from the set top box and plugging them ever so gently in the DVD player when I want to watch a DVD. Which is now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

all i have to say is that i'm so techno-illiterate that your use of electronic lingo in this posting impressed--and scared--me. cmr.

Vallary and Jay said...

Carol, If you have a teenager around our a 12 year old. They can hook it up. It is amazing to me how the kids are so techno now. Hang in there

Anonymous said...

I'll have Ronnie give you a call :)