Wednesday, July 7, 2010

DADDY'S Little Monster

Bonding schmonding. It's all about Daddy!
 
I think we have officially seen Daddy's Little Monster come out today, Day 3. After lunch (our leftovers and Daddy feeding Jack pictured in this post), Jack Yiyun could not get enough of running back and forth between Mommy and Daddy in the restaurant. The picture of Jack walking is super cute; too bad we can't upload video. The mess on the floor is Keri Dong Rui's; we describe her as a hoarder, and if she only knew what she had discarded while grabbing food to munch on and hold! She's absolutely adorable and only wants to be held by Mommy Cathy.
 
Then off to a park we went, Jack walking hand-in-hand with... yep... Daddy. Then back to the hotel to check out the 5th floor outdoor terrace and more running back and forth between Mommy and Daddy.
 
Bath time wasn't quite so bad tonight thanks to some rubber duckies from Keri Dong Rui and pre-bath splashing in the sink.
 
And then, for the grand finale, after the nighttime bottle was emptied, and Mommy laid Jack down on her chest to fall asleep -- oh lordy, the screaming and pushing away! That is, until Daddy came onto the bed, and Jack went to him. After about 10-15 minutes of being held on Daddy's shoulder being walked around the room, Jack fell asleep. Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy. It's really quite sweet, of course, and I am happy Jack is finding comfort with us.
 
So now Daddy is rewarding himself with some room service pizza. And I applaud!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's at least partially cuz you insisted on dealing with that diaper! Mean Mama... :) cmr

Mary Lagana said...

Congratulations you guys!! I am sitting here looking at all the pics and having a good cry (happy tears of course:). Your baby boy is adorable - what a Sweetie!! And you two look like naturals already. Jonathan sends his love too. We are both so happy for you!! (Say "Hi and Congrats" to Cathy for us). Love you guys!! -Mary

Mary Lagana said...

By the way, good call on the pizza Chris:)

Anonymous said...

Man I am loving the pictures! Is he talking any? It is great that he is taken to you both so fast! I know Chris will be a great Dad because I see his father in him & I wasn't there when Chris was young but I saw how much Randy loved Chris & all my children & grandchildren. Please give Jack a hug from all of us here & tell him he has a lot of people that love him. Love Grandma Joyce

Anonymous said...

Jack is absolutely adorable. I can't imagine how you're feeling. Maybe I can: exhausted, elated, confused, and a zillion other emotions. I can't wait to see the videos. Congratulations to all three of you!!

Kelly