Friday, July 2, 2010

Farewell Beijing

You all know me, I am a delicate flower, and today was a hot, sunny and busy day. We are now at the train station (train leaves after 9pm) after a day in Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City, hutongs (old Beijing narrow alleyed neighborhoods) where we had lunch, Drum Tower, silk market (fake stuff; Chris was excellent at bargaining for tradition Chinese clothes for Jack Yiyun), silk factory, dinner of Peking duck and more.

Xi'an is supposed to be 100 degrees tomorrow. (Sigh)

cmr asked about purchases... too numerous to mention, plus I don't want to give anything away, and finally because I have a bad memory! I am wearing a lovely jade bracelet though, and we've gotten some traditional Chinese clothes and other gifts for Jack Yiyun as he grows older.

I can't wait to lie down in our train cabin. Hopefully the internet will work in hotel room in Xi'an so we can share some pics and Skype!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very full day!! Can't wait to hear more about the hutongs. Don't forget to tie a damp bandana around your neck to cool off! Hope the train A/C kicked in... cmr