Tuesday, July 8, 2008

BUT IT'S A DRY HEAT

IT'S FREAKING HOT!!!!!!!!! The only quoted temperature I've heard was when we landed at the airport at 10:00pm and it was 100 degrees. They said it would regularly get between 115 and 120. I got the full dose of it yesterday at about noon when I was the only one still awake. I think the Sun decided to direct it's full force directly at me for being stupid enough to be outside when all of my shipmates were sound asleep inside their air conditioned tents. I did get a little satisfaction this morning when I found out that many people were up as early as 3am, because they were sleeping so much yesterday. I slept quite well and woke up refreshed.
I forgot to bring my thumb drive with me to the Internet Cafe, which is where I'm typing this, so I'll have to get the photos up later. Take care, Chris.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris -
I have a friend who's brother described the heat over there as "sitting in front of a fire place, wrapped in a wool blanket, with a hot hair dryer blowing in your face".
Be safe...we're keeping you in our prayers.
John and Jolene Belchak