Friday, July 18, 2008

If he could put Time in a Bottle

He really, really wishes he could, but...

He's at a new command with a lot to learn and has been working 13 to 15-hour days. He wishes he had the time to blog, e-mail, call more often, but it just is not possible right now. He wants all of us to know that he appreciates the comments on the blog and the e-mails and asks for our understanding that he is not always able to get back to us quickly. Hopefully, he says, he will have more time later.

I am a lucky girl: DH and I have exchanged regular e-mails and I have been able to get phone calls from him almost daily. Just as my family and friends are here for me, so am I here for you if you want to know how Chris is doing. Well, yes, I am glad you asked, there may be days when the sign on my door reads, "Husband Deployed: Proceed with Caution." But those days should be rare!

OK, so the lyrics to "Time in a Bottle" don't really match up with the content of this post. So what.

3 comments:

Vallary and Jay said...

Chris,and Carol we know that you can't answer to every email or blog. Jay and I just want you both to know we are thinking of you both dearly. I feel I get comfort by reading what you can write to us and feeling a little closer, So please know we understand. Just write when you can.

Anonymous said...

Carol and Chris-We love you

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try that recipe Carol, we'll make it when you come down to visit...