Saturday, July 5, 2008

LONG FLIGHT AHEAD

DH here. We've finally finished our army training here in beautiful SC and we're scheduled to fly out this evening. We're headed to Kuwait for one more week of training before we all split up and head off to our new locations. I've met a few people here that are going to the same location and Command as me; so at least I will not be the only new person there. The training we received here has been very interesting and the Army has done a very good job of hosting us. It's kind of funny that the only complaints from anyone here are all about the Navy side of the house.
I must say that the best part of the 3 weeks here was spending time with Carol when she came down last weekend. Hanging out with Danny, Sumie and the kids when Carol wasn't here was quite entertaining. We had a great 4th of July with some outstanding fireworks. I have attached one of the videos I shot of the fireworks; I tried e-mailing to Carol but the file is kind of large and would not go through. Just a few more hours here and we're off on our 20 hour trip. See you all in 6 months.

No comments: